How to Import Stata Files
How to Import Stata Files into the Utility
What follows are brief instructions to help get
started with the checkyourdata utility.
- Step 1. Load your favorite data file into Stata.
- Step 2. (Optional) If the file has a lot of observations,
you will probably want to drop variables that you are not interested in
testing, especially if your computer does not have much memory.
- Step 3. Now we will export the file in .CSV format.
- Step 3.1. Go to File --> Export and
select Comma or tab-separated.
- Step 3.2. In the provided
window, select Comma Separated format and Output numeric values. Also,
choose a name for your new file, then click ok.
- Step 4. Now we will load the exported file from the
last step into the tool.
- Step 4.1. First,
run the utility
from www.checkyourdata.com. You will have to give it permission to run
once it loads. A desktop icon should be created (at least under Windows
XP with default settings) and subsequent runs will attempt to update the
software if you have an internet connection, otherwise the most recent
version will be run.
- Step 4.2. Now either drag your exported file into the
utility window, or within the utility go to File --> Open CSV and select
your file from there.